The products that we sell on ThemeForest are digital goods and cannot be “returned”, so your entitlement to a refund is designed with this in mind. Of course, in addition to these rules, each country has its own laws surrounding refunds, and these local laws are not excluded if they apply to you.
If you are experiencing a technical issue with the item we recommend that you contact our Support team to troubleshoot the problem.
There may be circumstances in which a refund is warranted. These are the cases when you are entitled to the refund:
1. Theme is “not as described” or the theme doesn’t work the way it should.
If an item doesn’t work the way it should, we are obliged to promptly fix the issue by updating the item. An item is “not as described” if it is materially different from the item description or preview. If the issue can’t be fixed or it turns out that the item is “not as described” then you would be entitled to a refund.
2. Theme has a security vulnerability
If an item contains a security vulnerability and can’t easily be fixed you would be entitled to a refund.
3. Theme support is promised but not provided
In case you have a current support entitlement, and you are not provided that support in accordance with the item support policy, we will provide you with a refund.
4. Theme support extension not used
If you purchase an item support extension and request a refund of that extension before your existing item support expires we will reimburse you for the cost of the item support extension.
5. Themes that have not been downloaded
If you have not downloaded a purchased item within 3 months from the date of purchase, you may be eligible for a refund. You might have a longer period to claim a refund if you have purchased for personal use and haven’t downloaded the item.
Refunds will not be given for the following reasons:
- You don’t want the theme after you’ve downloaded it
- The theme did not meet your expectations or you feel the theme is of low quality
- You simply change your mind
- You bought it by mistake
- You do not have sufficient expertise to use the theme
- You claim that you are entitled to a refund but do not provide sufficient information as to why you are entitled to a refund
- You can no longer access the theme because it has been removed or the author who previously provided the item is no longer active on our platform (we advise you to download items as soon as you have purchased them to avoid this situation).