If you are starting from scratch and don’t know where to begin to create the header menu, please follow the steps below:
- Login to the WordPress Dashboard.
- From the ‘Appearance’ menu on the left-hand side of the Dashboard, select the ‘Menus’ option to bring up the Menu Editor.
- Create a new menu and add your menu items as presented with the WordPress Codex: https://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Menu_User_Guide
- After you are done creating your menu scroll to the bottom of the menu editor window.
- In the section titled Display location, click the check box for Header Menu.
- Click Save menu once you’ve made your selection.